Policy relating to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Tactico Inc. (“Tactico”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information under our care.
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER OUR CARE
When we open and maintain an account, we are obligated to collect the following types of information out of necessity or legal obligation:
- Information provided on account applications or other forms, such as names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social insurance numbers, dates of birth, employment information, spousal information, financial and net worth information as well as banking details.
- Information about investments, assets, transactions, and financial situation.
- Information we may receive from consumer-reporting agencies.
When you download a mobile application published by Tactico, we collect the following types of information out of necessity or legal obligation:
Information provided in a mobile application, such as names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
2. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the personal information we obtain during the account opening and account administration process or within a mobile application published by Tactico for the following purposes:
- To open, maintain and administer client accounts.
- In compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws.
- To verify client identity and protect against fraud.
- To provide the services requested by clients.
- To comply with industry specific regulations and applicable legal requirements.
- In order to make a service or application available to you.
3. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Tactico protects personal information by storing it in locations that are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. Personal Information is stored only as long as it is required and/or as dictated by law. Our employees have access to personal information only on a need-to-know basis.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Tactico does not sell personal information to third parties. Tactico does not disclose personal information to third parties other than in the following circumstances and for the following purposes:
(1) In the normal course of business operations to open, maintain, administer, or service client accounts, including, without limitation, for purposes of facilitating the account opening process and the provision of customer service (including services rendered by third party agents or affiliates or via mobile applications), for audit and accounting purposes;
(2) To specific Tactico employees in order to offer services to clients, to engage in surveillance, compliance, and reporting activities required by applicable law and/or to ensure disaster recovery services relating to such information (which may include trans-border transfers of information);
(3) To other suppliers or service providers who assist us in serving our clients. Our service providers may at times be responsible for processing or handling personal information. Such service providers are provided only with the information necessary for them to perform their services. In addition, we require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and customary security practices. In the event our service provider is located in a foreign jurisdiction they are bound by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are located and may disclose personal information in accordance with those laws;
(4) To legal counsel for the purpose of obtaining legal advice;
(5) Where we are required or permitted to do so by law, including to any law enforcement agency, and/or securities regulatory authorities.
By opening or maintaining an account with Tactico or by installing a mobile application published by Tactico, clients consent to the disclosure of personal information to a third party in the circumstances or for the purposes described above.
Tactico’ clients must understand, acknowledge and agree that their consent to the disclosure of personal information in connection with a matter referred to above is not a condition of Tactico for providing services to its clients, including the relevant offer or service to be provided, unless the disclosure of the information is necessary in respect of the particular matter or required by law. Subject to this qualification, consent to Tactico’ collection, use or disclosure of personal information may be revoked or withdrawn at any time on reasonable notice, by contacting Tactico’ Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or by regular mail to 486 St-Catherine W., Suite 409, Montréal Québec H3B 1A6. If consent were to be revoked or withdrawn, Tactico may be unable to provide certain services or provide access to mobile applications. Our Privacy Officer will be happy to explain any consequences of revoking or withdrawing consent.
5. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Tactico makes every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and up-to-date. Individuals can also access and update the personal information that we collect at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to 486 St-Catherine W., Suite 409, Montréal Québec H3B 1A6.
Individuals may also consult the personal information Tactico maintains by contacting Tactico’s Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com and scheduling an appointment. In your request, please include the relevant account number(s), and the information which you would like to have updated or modified.
6. DELETION OF INFORMATION
Tactico stores data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete all information associated with your account, such as photos and any personal information. To request that your account be closed and information deleted please send a request to Tactico’s Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS